Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
With online dating, I always always always google people. I don't google my friends or anything, but I always google someone before meeting in person, just as a precaution. The one time I didn't, I got my car stolen, and a lot worse could have happened if one of my friends hadn't taken the time to check someone out I was dating and run them off. Turns out this person had physically hurt one person and stolen tons of money from another. I was lucky to have a diligent, nosey friend, and now I never skip the googling step. I don't care if it's weird to someone, you have to take care of yourself when you don't know somebody!
Absolutely! I have Googled people before a date, I have even Googled myself to see what pops up! What the hell, right? (Someone once told me that she checked the Facebook pages of job applicants before she interviews them! I won't do that.) And I will even admit that before getting very serious with someone, I did a half-assed background check. It came back sparkling clean, and I told her about it later. She thought it was great. This is not a trust issue--this is a safety issue. Unfortunately, the world we live in, combined with our own past experiences, have created these fears. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm extreme for checking or Googling someone. If I need to feel safe and comfortable about a situation, and there are too many unknown factors, then I do what's necessary. I don't do it every time. And I'm not judgmental or exclusive. If there is something that's a concern or a "red flag", then I'm cautious, thats all. If there is someone who is an escaped serial killer, then, well......probably not going on that date.