Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
witchy
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
xoxo

Thanked 21,419 Times in 6,755 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
Ciaran, Really you haven't seen personal attacks? The OP implied that this password sharing is completely consensual. Calling people who think differently creepy micro-managers sounds pretty personal to me. I didn't take issue with your post and I wouldn't share my password either. That's not my point. It's more that before we go around saying 'ew' to how other people live we should think about the fact that most of the world is saying ew to us. It's a negative mindset. I think people should do whatever they want to do as long as everyone *involved* agrees...and yeah, opine away. It's easy enough to express opinions without putting people down.
I think Ciaran makes a valid point. This kind of accountability isn't going to be in a normal arrangement between two people in a relationship. Maybe if someone decides to use the word creepy, it's about the accountability issue, not necessarily delivering a judgement about the relationship.

Just speaking from personal experience let's just say that I've shared account information, cell phone access, and have it used in a way that was a betrayal of why I gave it to begin with. So, you see, if someone has said" I don''t think its cool", but not necessarily giving you personal information to validate their opinion, maybe you should be a little more generous and consider perhaps they have a reason to be very negative about an issue? I just think it's something you could consider.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: