Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,031 Times in 418 Posts
Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I did not know of some of the history of Memorial Day the official day of remembrance for Veterans. This Memorial Day and all days, lets remember the veterans of peacetime and war. Let's also remember their families.

http://www1.va.gov/opa/speceven/memday/history.asp
Memorial Day started around just post-civil war when it was called "Decoration Day". Articles I've read attribute it's origin to Charleston, SC in memory of the Union soldiers that died while imprisoned there and mass buried in an unmarked grave. African Americans and allies placed flowers on the gravesite and later built an actual memorial. Although there is no solid evidence that this story is true I like it a lot. After the war it was declared a national observance day. Interestingly enough, May 30th was chosen specifically because historically no battle occurred on that day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post: