View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

It's over. Thank god. Mounds of paperwork AND we had to pack up our classrooms because we are moving to another site (nearby). Our registrar walked off the job about a month before the end and had been screwing up before, so the paperwork was a bigger nightmare than I gather it typically is. It truly was a nightmare.

The blessing was we had a full week to do all this after the last class. I have never taught anywhere that gave you that. But we have extra paperwork because of the nature of the work, so that's why.

It was a hard year, but a good one. Lots of successes. One heartbreaking loss.

I got recognized at the end of the year for my work with a group of students. It was during an alt ed meeting where others were being recognized too. But it felt good. I happened to sit beside my boss at the retirement lunch for a couple of staff members the next day, and she told me how pleased she was with my work. She had already given me the best evaluation I have ever gotten.

And I like her too. She was pro-active a couple of times when my students weren't getting services that they are entitled too. That's rare in an administrator. And I like the teachers I work with. I think the job is a keeper. I am just not in love with where I live, but there are summers and breaks. And I might end up moving to the coast and commuting. I am still debating it. I don't know. Someone in my chosen family just had a baby. And being near where the baby is (which is also near work) appeals.

Anyway, wow. WOW. There is no minimizing how tough the end of the year is, is there? You work hard all year, but you forget how hard you actually CAN work until June approaches.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: