View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #383
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Decisions decisions. I am looking at switching gyms.

I used to belong to the YMCA years ago but I left it because the fees were just getting to be way too much. It was just too expensive- $49.00 a month for a single person in my area for the Y. While I can use any branch, one of the many things that did turn me off was the pool schedules for adult swims. I basically had either 5 in the morning, or 8 at night. Any classes I had an interest in were at really odd hours too.

I am currently at World Gym which $14.95 a month with no annual fees, no contract. It has limited cardio equipment, it's relatively clean, it does have classes (I never go/have no interest), and it's close to work, so I can shower there before heading to the office. I just don't feel like I am progressing at my current gym. It is 60% weights, which is nice, but even that equipment is a little worn (outdated stuff, torn pads/seats, etc).

I am looking at a Gold's Gym. It has more awesome cardio equipment (stuff I miss from the overpriced ymca), huge bathrooms with changing rooms, and is just as close to work, but it's a suckier drive to and from home (more traffic, greater odds of delays), and it's $29.95 a month w/ a $49.00 annual fee. I can use a sister gym that is relatively close to home. All the cardio equipment have TVs. They also have a spinning room you can go into at any time. At the Gold's the trainers will help you out on the floor; at my current gym you have to pay extra for training.

I had looked at the Planet Fitness near my work, but I am turned off by the lack of changing rooms/stalls in the bathroom. It's just two showers and the open locker space. I do not want to change in front of anyone.

Lots of pros/cons to weigh.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post: