View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #423
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I was going to say this too. Sometimes in our locker room a man will accidentally walk in, and there is a big reaction or even a new woman who is not one of the regulars, and so everyone's curious (and, as Daktari said, sometimes especially defensive during tours when they are partially undressed and the person coming in is dressed). I think once you become a regular somewhere people will not give you as hard a time. I feel a sense of family/connection with all the regulars, even if we are different and/or don't care for each other. There's still the commonality of having all this time we spend next to each other at the gym! Speaking of which, I did an hour next to Jill on the Arc Trainer today. She did level 15 and held the sides instead of doing the arm motion. She was extremely quick (like a fox I tell you!) and was texting and watching Ellen Degeneres. I was doing a high intensity slower session and using my arms and legs while watching Judge Judy. Then I did 30 minutes of yoga, weight lifting, and abs next to the serious, older, petite, muscular Asian woman whose name I do not know, though I do know her whole exercise routine, and I'd venture to say she knows mine .
I completely agree that the women who are already in there have a heightened sense of vulnerability because of their own state of undress. I get that and I'm okay with just having to grit my teeth for a little while until they get used to me, and they will. I play well with others and make friends easily.

I think that especially in the US we are all sort of conditioned to be uncomfortable with our own bodies in a public space. I understand that people are uncomfortable in their own skin and I am also. I think the monster in my head is that I'm in the wrong skin at all, and additionally do not care for it.

I think the other patrons will get over it faster than I will.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: