View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #444
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Oh, no, Kelt! Innjuries are the worst! And they happen just-like-that and do throw us for an unwanted loop!

I vote for gym, Kelt. You can do a great back stroke without moving your feet at all, and that's great cardio. Take advantage of the weightlessness of water for your ankle, and the resistance it provides for your arm strokes. You can also do front crawl by swimming with a kickboard under your thighs and not kicking at all (can use the kickboard in same way when on your back if you need it). Just using arms will have you working hard! Also, on the gym floor, there's a guy in a wheelchair with a prosthetic leg, and he does his cardio by going to the machine where you essentially bike using your hands. Where there's a will there's a way! Or you could take a rest. But I think you are like me, and having to go a day without play is no treat! Many years ago when I broke my foot and went a few months without leaving my 4th floor apartment, I was also careful to eat mostly all homemade healthy and less because without movement it's hard on the body, especially when we're used to so much movement. Keep us posted, and I hope that things improve soon! My mood plummets when I get an injury, and you just gotta know that things will get better.

Today at the gym I did 140 minutes on the Arc Trainer, Interval program (drank a full liter of water during that!). While doing cardio, I watched the Real Housewives of Orange County go skiing in Whistler, Canada. Then I did 40 minutes of abs, stretching, yoga, and weight lifting. It all left me feeling fantastic.
Thank you for the ideas!

Yes, one day cabin fever = cranky pants.

Trying to run errands this morning *snort* I stopped by the thrift store and picked up some gym togs, gotta do something. (that was all kinds of fun, using a cart as a walker)

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: