View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #44
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default just saying.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I watched part of an episode, yes only part, because I found it to be so totally against what this site promotes! I find it interesting that there are so many feminists and "lesbian pride" women on this site that would promote a such a show that shows lesbian women in a negative mindset. As far as talking to other women about their "pussy tastes so good", how to have sex, having a "prison wife".
Prison life is being glorified in this show, and you are ok with lesbians being shown in this light? I am completely shocked by the reactions on this thread about the show, and the excitement displayed of seeing lesbians portrayed in this manner. I for one, won't be watching.

Well, I am not sure this site is "promoting " anything specific. However I feel BFP supports (by way of venues discussed here on BFP) a vast gallery of what is reflected in our community. Be that LDR's, people who love puppies and/or kittens, political interest, poems, fisting, BDSM, packing, strapping, flogging and fucking and so much more. Search the forums and you can find multiple topics on all those I mentioned and more so! I don't feel like prison life is glorified in OITNB, and I am fine with the light shed on lesbians being portrayed as they are in this show. I feel the reality of the show is pretty accurate. I have over the past 35 years as an out lesbian on many occasions talked about pussy tasting good, BTW that is not just specifically lesbian related. How to have sex is also discussions I have had with partners, I love the openness of taking about such things, it sure does make things smoother in the fisting department! I do not feel as if this show diminishes my "lesbian pride" with the topics Orange has played out.

This show includes straight and lesbian/butch/MTF/bi women together and I LOVE THAT! I look forward to there being more added to that list in time! It is not all slanted one way or the other. Not sure why a prison wife would be any different than saying wife, other than to make obvious they are in a prison setting. I have never been in prison, so some things I cannot speak of or elaborate on......but I am learning. Do I want to go to prison (glorified) because of Orange? Ummm NOPE! Jodi Foster was involved in some of the directing!! <swoon> I would love to see her have an acting role!! Someone else mentioned about truth, and I don't see any lies being fed to us in that the truth and honesty is not only reflected.....it is projected and I feel it. I hear it. I embrace it as a learning experience. I am reflecting on past relationships because of what I am hearing and seeing, I am relating by being a female first.....

SO I am not all consumed by Orange, but fascinated! Yes sex happens in this show, but such is life! And besides, those moments are few and in between the day to day events. I hope you or anyone else who has any doubts would/will watch an episode or two. There have been many times in my life that I did not agree with something as a lesbian, but still supported those events in my life. This is the first season of a developing show and its always a little rough cutting a path. It is tastefully done! I respect that you have your opinion, and that this show seemingly offends you Guy. My opinion being opposite does not make me any less of a feminist, nor has it diminished my lesbian pride. I find it "interesting" that you think it does because I support and promote this show. It is the positive of this show that is appealing to me.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post: