How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I rarely if ever follow any recipe to exactly and prefer to change it up according to my personal preferences. For instance, on this one, I do not make the cheese sauce, preferring to sprinkle a little fresh herbed farmers cheese directly on top of the plated dish. I generally make my own plantain chips or sometimes I will make sweet potato or zucchini chips and use those. I also add a larger variety of chopped/shredded veggies when I make this.

So make it your own, and come back and share with us what you did differently.

This recipe is from cleaneatingwithadirtymind.com

It is a bit long, because it is 3 recipes in one, so hang in there.

Paleo Nachos
Makes 2 servings
Ingredients:
1 pound of ground grass-fed beef
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
dash of sea salt
dash of pepper
4 cups of plantain chips
1 jalepeno, chopped
1 tomato diced
1/4 of a white onion, diced
1 tablespoon of crème fraîche (optional)
1 tablespoon of fresh salsa
black olives (optional)
cilantro for garnish
sliced jalepeno for garnish
guacamole (recipe below)
nacho cheese sauce (recipe below)
Directions:
- In a large pan cook the grass-fed beef over medium-high heat. While the meat is cooking add the 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Continue to stir and crumble with a spatula until the meat is cooked through, taste test and add more spices as needed to personal preference.
- On a large plate lay out your plantain chips, then drizzle the nacho cheese sauce on top. Continue garnishing with desired amounts of guacamole, tomatoes, onions, salsa, black olives, cilantro and jalepenos. Enjoy!
Guacamole
Ingredients:
6 ripe avocados
1 small tomato, diced
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/4 of a white onion, diced
the juice from 1/2 of a lime
1 & 1/2 teaspoons of garlic salt
Directions:
-Cut your produce. Then cut the avocados in half and remove the pits and skin.
-In a large bowl combine the avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, lime juice, and garlic salt. Use a large metal utensil of your choice (I use a stainless steel pasta stirrer) to mash and stir the avocado and ingredients together until well combined.
- Depending on how much you use on your nachos, you will have quite a bit of guacamole left over. When has left over guacamole ever been a bad thing?
Nacho Cheese Sauce
Ingredients:
1 cup of cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 4 hours)
6 tablespoons of coconut water (I use Zico for cooking, I find it’s not as sweet)
1/4 cup goat cheese (optional)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 jalepeno, chopped
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
a few shakes of garlic salt
a few shakes of sea salt
a few shakes of onion powder
Directions:
- In a high powered blender combine all the ingredients and blend until creamy. You can also use a food processor for this but I find a blender works best. I did blend for about 7 minutes to get the creamy consistency I wanted. If it’s too thick try adding another tablespoon of coconut water. If you aren’t using the goat cheese you could try a coconut milk sub to make the cheese sauce creamy. I would start with 2 tablespoons and taste test from there. Maybe even try some adobo sauce or serrano chilies, feel free to make it your own!
- When you are ready to use, heat the nacho sauce in the microwave or on the stove in a sauce pan over low heat until warm.
Notes:
"As I mentioned above, to make these nachos true Paleo and for those with dairy limitations please omit the goat cheese and crème fraîche if so desired. According to Wikipedia, Crème fraîche is a sourced cream containing 30-45% butterfat. It is also sourced with bacterial culture and is slightly less sour than American sour cream. It’s available in most health food stores and is a great sub for sour cream because most American sour cream has a handful of not so great ingredients like: Modified Food Starch, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Caarrageenan, Dextrose, Potassium Sorbate, and Sodium Citrate. The only ingredient in crème fraîche is, you guessed it, cream. It goes really good with desserts and strawberries." (Vanessa from cleaneatingwithadirtymind.com)
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: