View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #51
Ravenouss

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
There might be many princesses in a kingdom, but only one Queen!

2 Highscores

Ravenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST Reputation

I have never been to an “adult only” wedding. In fact, I had never even heard of it. Perhaps it is cultural. Where I come from, weddings are an all-inclusive family affair and everyone is expected to show up: grandparents, children, aunties, etc. Even neighbors!

In this country, however, I’ve grown accustomed to different weddings with invitations and RSVPs. Understandable: it is expensive to get married in the U.S. with all the expectations around it from the marrying parties to the attending guests. It is common to spend 20K, 40, 100k or more!

One’s wedding – even if one is swimming in cash -- is their own , and one has the right to invite whoever they want. I might be very sheltered, however, to think that I know no one who would exclude my children!

If I ever received an adult-only invitation, I would understand it. I would send a gift, offer my sincere best wishes for a life of happiness and politely decline to attend.