View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,095 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

I spent many years working various jobs at Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in Hillsdale, NY. And one of my more fond memories was of meeting Sonia Rutstein of Disappear Fear. I was working as assistant performer liaison that year, and my job was to help arrange transit for the performers to and from hotels, the airport and the venue. A call came in that Sonia and her party would need a ride from the hotel to the venue. So bright and early me and the driver of the van set off for the hotel. We arrive to find the group standing outside with their gear looking like zombies due to lack of sleep. They loaded the gear and settled in the back of the van. Every one of them looked about to pass out. I piped up that we passed a Dunkin Donuts on the way in and could stop on the way back to get coffee if they would like. Sonia sat bolt upright and squealed, "OMG, Dunkin Donuts?!?!?! I fucking LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee, please, please, please can we stop??". I replied that we definitely could and jokingly said, how could I deny a woman her Dunkin Donuts. She jumped up out of the seat, and totally snatched me in a hug, and kissed my cheek repeatedly and told me she absolutely LOVED me for it and could just about hump my leg.
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post: