MsBluem

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones are fine
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 1,845 Times in 372 Posts
MsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
Not actually 'met' but seen around in the tiny Sussex town in which we live Tom Baker of Dr. Who fame, Paul McCartney, and Roger Daltrey, all of whom are locals (though I did meet McCartney on a train many, many moons ag0 when I was commuting every day to London). Most recently though, George Clooney whilst he was filming his latest movie (Monument Men), part of which was filmed in the town, and the actor Tom Conti who was in the shop next to ours shopping for - if my memory serves me correctly - an umbrella stand.

Unfortunately, the only real 'celebrities' I've actually met were all high ranking Palestinian and Israeli officials (Arafat, Peres, and Netanyahu, amongst others). Sounds exciting, but believe me, it wasn't.
I'm kind of jealous about Tom Baker. He was my very first Doctor. I remember being 10 or 11 and our local public television station would show classic Doctor Who episodes on the weekends and I'd stay up watching until my mom realized I was awake and sent me to bed!

I've met quite a few musicians in my concertgoing days. I also got the extreme pleasure of meeting John Barrowman (Torchwood/Doctor Who) at a comic book convention a couple years back.