EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I was just on a search committee and we interviewed a guy in Atlanta, via Skype. He really appreciated that we were open to doing that, and it went well. I think we got about as much a sense of who he is, as we did of the people who sat at the table with us. It's a good option, especially since so many people are willing to relocate.
I think it depends on the job and if it's being done to accommodate the fact that someone can't be there in person. I agree it's a good idea if someone doesn't even live in that city or whatnot. The instances I've had to do phone interviews I didn't have an option, because they wanted both a short phone interview and an in-person interview. Most of them have been part-time positions at for example HMV. I just think it's silly to require it since there's a lot of reasons people might not feel comfortable.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: