Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I think the list brings up the kind of things you think about in hindsight. How many people do I know who ignored everything and trekked across country or across town to UHaul it with their own true loves? So many, it's hard to believe. I've also ignored the rational and sane, but fortunately, managed to end things before losing the farm. Truthfully, a list like this would have done very little for me, ahead of time. Everyone has to grow and learn from his or her own experiences. For every one of these warning signs, I can think of someone who would have benefitted from heeding the advice.

I agree that the best measure is the feeling in your own gut. But, sometimes your gut's voice is drown out by the insistent voices of other parts.

I can understand feeling despairing of ever meeting anyone or being cautious about finding someone, on line or in person. But, I can't imagine reaching the point where I would just throw up my hands and declare that there isn't anyone for me, on line or wherever. You just never know where you will meet someone. Closing off a door, for me, implies fear rather than openness. Coming from a place of fear or resentment is a good way to attract someone who is entirely inappropriate, based on my experience.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post: