Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation
Default PROUD MOTHER

I was also unaware of this until my daughter Alison who is 16 and a sophmore in high school let me know that her and many of her friends observed this today..she has still not spoken all day. She has had alot of positive response from her school..Her teachers allowed her to write on the white board and she also had a small pad to use to communicate..she showed me this paper and it reads as follows:

PLEASE UNDERSTAND MY REASONS FOR NOT SPEAKING TODAY. I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE DAY OF SILENCE (DOS) A NATIONAL YOUTH MOVEMENT BRINGING ATTENTION TO THE SILENCE FACED BY LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER PEOPLE AND THEIR ALLIES. MY DELIBERATE SILENCE ECHOES THAT SILENCE, WHICH IS CAUSED BY ANIT LGBT BULLYING, NAME CALLING AND HARASSMENT. I BELIEVE THAT ENDING THE SILENCE IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARD BUILDING AWARENESS AND MAKING A COMMITMENT TO ADDESS THESE INJUSTICES. THINK ABOUT THE VOICES YOU ARE NOT HEARING TODAY.

She wrote on back: MY MOMS ARE GAY..MY COUSIN IS GAY AS WELL AS OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS. I HAE MANY FRIENDS WHO ARE ALSO GAY . I AM STRAIGHT BUT I SUPPORT THEM 100%.

wow how proud I am of my daughter and how proud I am of myself for teaching my daughter the lessons that has brought her to this very mature moment in her life. I am overwhelmed by her silence today..but I am mostly overjoyed by her awareness and support of a cause she truely believes in and at such a young age.

KUDOS my beautiful sunshine alison..I love you more than words..you know this and for that my cup runneth over!

Love MOM

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Last edited by Lillie; 04-16-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: sp
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post: