Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post
I think what is truly important is education, awareness and resources for this sort of thing.

Also education for men. We should raise young men to not become abusers and educate them on why this is wrong. On the other side of the same coin we must also educate men on what to do if they become abused. The media shows men getting slapped buy women as funny when in real life it is not okay. Abuse is abuse. No matter if it is verbal or physical. It can have different severity but the bottom line is that it is wrong.

I would like to add this link from the Mayo Clinic about abused males because I feel that it is not often spoken about and this article mentions Gay/Trans in it.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dom...st-men/MY00557
Bad Boi

I changed the color of this one sentence just cause I want to ask you what you mean by it.

I agree with everything you have said here however is this 1 sentence suppose to imply that abuse towards men identified people is less sever then if it was done to a woman?

I just asking for clarity. I can tell you that the abuse I suffered was just as damming as it would be for a female identified person
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post: