View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #1107
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Today my mom had another stroke. She's ambulatory, speaking, and making choices that are not in her best interest; refusing to get more care in place for my dad—though the long-term-care policy has been activated and all it would take is a phone call—insisting instead on rushing home tomorrow morning when they release her, to clean up after his night of vomiting, because his organs are shutting down.

I called and tried to strong-arm him over the phone to get someone there himself, and he argued that he didn't need help, then said he'd call me in half an hour and tell me what he'd decided.

He did call, in exactly half an hour, but hadn't gotten through to the agency. I think he was too confused to pull it off. I asked for the number but he wouldn't give it to me.

Anyway I have a ticket to fly out there on Saturday and my sister is probably going out there in the next few days.

And after the phone calls I got on my exercycle and watched the season 4 finale to Mad Men.

Fifty-five minutes of really pushing myself; heart-pounding, sweating cycling.

Then I did a little work with the free weights on a mat in my livingroom, and then I changed out of my sweaty clothes and put on a baby blue Lanz Christmas flannel night gown, and now I'm having a mug of hot chocolate and watching a movie.