Old 04-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,937 Times in 4,705 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Oh I agree, it is very definitely hypocritical!!! But for me, it seems like more of the same.

I only went to High School in the US, back in the 77-81 and the changes they want to make hearken back to 30 years ago, like we leaned nothing from Communism and the World Wars.

I was an odd little kid who kept up with politics from as early as I can remember. I grew up with the US overthrowing governments, lying and doing all sorts of covert things...all the while pointing the finger at everyone else.....this is nothing new to me.

I just hope that like us, kids will question and research and try to find out what the truth really is.

ps. not sure how old you are, we might be the same age and I am just more bitter? I grew up in Argentina and saw the US in full hypocrisy early on.
We might be very close in age. I went to school in the US from 75 to 81 then on to college and beyond.

I also always questioned. The whole central American mess is still very fresh in my mind.

Interestingly enough, it is not until now, that I have been back in my country, that I have seen the hypocrisy with clearer and different eyes.

What worries me abut this time around is that Texas is not only pushing exceptionalism, they are re-writing history to fit their agenda.

I like you, hope that those kids question this, but judging from what I came across in the US school system, I am afraid most will just follow, like sheep to the slaughterhouse.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote