View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #52
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
I assume i'll be able to bend down though and get stuff ... just lower my self to that level?
By squatting, yes.........and if the item is light enough. You definitely won't want to bend over at the waist for a while. The pressure on the incisions would be pretty uncomfortable.

There are a lot of people who talk about being up and around and out and about right after surgery. While I believe this is obviously possible, I'm a big advocate of being still and sleeping as often as possible.

Our body heals lost and damaged tissues during sleep, as you already know I'm sure. Give yourself permission to rest and do nothing. I know it's hard for a lot of people who are used to being on the move, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself.