Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #53
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
By squatting, yes.........and if the item is light enough. You definitely won't want to bend over at the waist for a while. The pressure on the incisions would be pretty uncomfortable.

There are a lot of people who talk about being up and around and out and about right after surgery. While I believe this is obviously possible, I'm a big advocate of being still and sleeping as often as possible.

Our body heals lost and damaged tissues during sleep, as you already know I'm sure. Give yourself permission to rest and do nothing. I know it's hard for a lot of people who are used to being on the move, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself.
My dr explained that I might even feel like I can do stuff but only light activity for the first two weeks, nothing that will get my heart going. Because you want to keep the blood flow down or more bruising and swelling can develop.

I'll probably do a little light walking because i know you need some movement also. I've had 5 surgeries and they also have you up walking within 24 hours.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote