How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,438 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

trafficking (both sex and labor) is also a big problem in western countries, including the u.s. the polaris project (http://www.polarisproject.org/), which runs the u.s.'s national trafficking hotline, has a lot of good resources for learning more.

sex trafficking was a part of the abuse i went through for years with my "ex," and i've worked with a lot of survivors who were forced into it by parents, abusers, spouses, and other folks. it's awful.

u.s. immigration law and anti-prostitution laws make it really hard for survivors to get out and get help, and our way of doing things has impacted anti-trafficking initiatives in other countries that often leave survivors displaced or incarcerated.

i'd recommend checking out groups in your local community who are doing anti-trafficking work - a lot of big national organizations get funding but local groups who are helping trafficking survivors nearby depend on donations and small state grants a lot of the time. i also recently wrote a blog post about ways to combat trafficking if you can't donate.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: