View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Walk Across America

I'm not sure where to put this thread.

Has anybody read this book? What did you think?

I just ordered it from amazon.com. I am seriously - I mean seriously - considering doing this. I need a kick in the pants. I need to shake up my life before someone or something else shakes it up for me. And I'm not being impulsive about it. I've been planning... something... for a while now. I just didn't know what it was. I still am not sure. I'm trying to listen to and trust my intuition, follow my inner wisdom, etc.

Last November when my lease was up, instead of signing a new lease somewhere else, I agreed to move in with friends and housesit until the end of May. I've been selling off all of my crap. I just don't want it anymore.

At first I thought I might try working on one of those organic farm stays in Canada over the summer, then I'd try house-sitting in different parts of the US. Take a total of a year off.

But now... I need to lose weight, I'm not getting any younger or healthier. Plus next summer is the 40th anniversary of my mother's death from pancreatic cancer. I'd like to do something big to raise awareness. And at the same time my progress would depend on me moving my ass a minimum of 15 miles a day.

Anyway, right now it's just a fantasy.

So... have you read the book? Has anyone tried a long-distance walk? How'd it go? Tell me all about it.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post: