View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #1397
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I’m officially dubbing the new workout “Pain in the Ass” because it really is.

All my glutes are pretty much on fire but I really enjoyed doing it on the beach. Of course the inevitable happened, one of my park ranger buddies snuck up behind me and started laughing her head off at what I was doing, in addition to the group of 5 elderly Chinese walkers (who I smile and wave with all the time) who literally stopped, gathered around me, and had some sort of conversation about it pointing and snickering. Hey, they do goofy looking tai chi things too!

I had paced off about 30ft and drawn lines in the sand to mark it and then while in a half squat position with my knees tied together with the rubber band from hell go back and forth side stepping in 8in steps. I looks even worse than it sounds. Combined with other tricks like “Cowboy” (bowlegged) walking and touch squats on a pier I put on quite the show.

Even though functionally crippled from this+ I did manage a couple of wobbly miles of regular walking and then a half mile of barefoot to finish out. Combined with some calithetics I’m now saying "Aww f*ck!" whenever I try to stand up and I still have a couple more things to do this evening that I can’t do at the beach just yet because I need a mirror.

Okay, I’m a wimp.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: