Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post

Thanks Goofy!

Thanks i have a recliner if needed ... bought myself a nice lazy boy for my last neck surgery.

Microwave is already at a good level... just normally i would have troubles with one up high.

I'll have people in place for the drains, although I still may not have them. Like I said he will only put them in if he really thinks they are absolutely necessary otherwise he prefers to remove any fluid via a needle. Less chance of infection.

Honestly can see how the arnica would work. It's really hard to get my veins so whenever they take blood I end up bruised from all the digging. Today I've literally been watching the bruises disappear before my eyes. The smaller bruises from monday are completely gone. And the one that would be there normally a week minimum could be gone tomorrow. IT's been a trip to watch my arm today

On the microwave, make sure you don't have to reach higher than your belly to get into and out of it. Don't cook "heavy" as in weight foods. I tried to think of things before I left but missed that one. I felt awful 'cause Conner was REALLY hungry when he called me to tell me about the food in the microwave that he couldn't get down.

I drained the drains based on levels. The first 2-3 days it was about 3-4 hours I think and then tapered off a lot. If someone has a weak stomach, don't ask them to do it. They'll make it worse.

And for Gods sake make sure they steady the line at the incision BEFORE draining. I did that to Conner once by accident. Felt awful to hurt him that way.

Here's hoping you don't have to do the drains but if you do, just get someone who won't be a wuss. (I actually was worried I would be a wuss.)

Oh, get extra no-stick tape and cotton pads BEFORE the surgery. They will not give you enough. Get some tongue depressors too because they are awesome for smearing stuff on the areas.

One thing that helped Conner a lot was getting some big water jugs for the fridge. He drank a buttload of water.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote