Old 05-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #145
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

1) How many surgeons did you consult before deciding who was going to do your surgery?

I consulted with phalloplasty surgeons all over the world.

2) Who did your surgery?

I decided on Dr. Crane in San Francisco, California due to his credentials.

3) Are you happy with the results?

I am extremely happy with my results. My phallus looks natural and I have have been told by other doctors it looks natural.

4) Did you need any revisions?

I am going for my revision in July. The side of my phallus needs a revision where there was a loss of blood supply right after the surgery.

5) What procedure did you have?

I had Radial Forearm Phalloplasty.

6) What was your recovery process like?

My arm and phallus healed quickly, I had a problem with the donor site on my leg. It took about 6 weeks to heal.

7) Did you do anything to prepare for the surgery?

I quit smoking and began working out daily to become as healthy as possible. I am 62 years old and new it would be a hard surgery for someone my age, but I had no problems at all.

8) How much time did you have to take off work?

I work from home so cannot answer this question. Others I know went back to work in 6 weeks, but said they felt like they could have gone back to work earlier.

9) Is there anything you wish you would have done any differently?

I wish I had booked my apartment in San Francisco for 5 weeks instead of 4. I was not ready to fly home and endure long hours on the plane and sitting in airports. The problem was with my donor site not healing properly, if it had healed properly I would not have had a problem. You really cannot predict your healing time because some things do not go as planned.

10) What questions did you ask the surgeon?

I asked for his qualification.
How many phalloplastys he had performed.
The cost.
Pictures of past surgery's.
How long the surgery would take.
How long we would need to stay in San Francisco.
How long I would need to wear a catheter.
I am sure there were other questions, but I cannot remember them all right now. I had 2 friends in England who had the same procedure last year and they helped me with many of my questions.

11) What didn't you ask that you wish you would have?

Nothing.

12) what resources did you use in helping to decide what surgeon to go to or for what questions to ask?

I called many surgeons around the world and talked to them personally. I have friends who have had surgery done in England and Serbia, so they were helpful in making my decision.

13) What online resources do you know of?

Dr. Crane has a website and pictures of his past surgeries.

I hope this helps others who may be thinking of having phalloplasty.

Rufusboi
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post: