The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degotoga View Post
I own a Tacoma and I absolutely love it! It's small enough to get good mileage but tough enough to handle all the heavy jobs I need it to do (pulling a boat, camper, a loaded motorcycle trailer, and everything else I've tasked it with) without missing a beat. I feel comfortable loading it up for a trip to the lake or a motorcycle rally, or taking it out for a night on the town (can comfortably seat adult backseat passengers of average height). I'm on my second Tacoma simply because the first one I owned got totaled in a serious accident. They're solid trucks that will last a long time with proper maintenance. Excellent choice, in my opinion.
Is yours the doublecab? The research that I've been doing has said that the brakes are touchy but I read one place that replacing the brake pads seemed to resolve this somewhat.

And I live in L.A. (burbs) and our goal is to move to the wilds of Nova Scotia and build a small/big-than-tiny home on some acreage. One thing about this place is that parking isn't that difficult. The streets here are broad and very wide (the drivers are whacky, particularly on the 405). And they are filled with Tacomas. It's the one truck I see the most of besides the F-150s.

In the meantime, I want to see if I can build some kind of garden in the front yard and maybe even a decent shed on the side. We current rent but I suspect we'll be here for another couple of years and being able to do this stuff myself (when at home, which has been a lot lately) would be a good thing.

I admit to being partial to the Tacoma because it's not a beastie vehicle (my BIL has a Ford F-150 Crew Cab and the thing is nearly a monster truck). It strikes me as a workhorse that will just keep going and going and going... As someone who is somewhat short in stature (5'1") I like that part of it. And although family members and friends have recommended VW Wagons, Subarus and other SUVs, there's a part of me that wants a truck because... well... it's a truck! (inner kid-boy glee!)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote