Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Yanno I hate to remind you all

It's not just the *latinos* breaking and entering into this country... We are just easier to pick out... Now how you think this may end in a positive note I dunno..

Here is what *I* am afraid is gonna happen

Some poor brown person (they could be any nationality) is gonna get pulled over, get upset, get scared, they are gonna get tagged as irate and not being cooperative and they will end up hurt or dead..

THAT is not something I think should happen before someone has an *A-ha* moment...

Also don't forget those latinos could have been there hundreds of years, like everything else this country took the land from them...

Funny how that is forgotten..
Yup... there are many immigrant groups, but the indigenous peoples remain hidden, marginalized and forgotten... always have been. Also, the indigenous nature of Latinos gets forgotten (all the way to South American and Spanish roots)... as well as all Native American peoples. Hell, simply 20th Century immigration history (during the teens and early 1920's- but do go back to the late 1800's), and the conditions that the Irish, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc. (and how radicalization was applied) ought to bring us to truths about WASP group-think! Add black slavery and we have a pretty sad picture! The bigoted mind-set of racial and ethnic thinking in the WASP ridden USA is actually alive and well. Which is the center of the damn problem!

Hummm... now what have many said about historical bias? and the different types of historians that gain respect and are quoted most often in the US?

What I get so frustrated about is that it just feels like we don’t just take action! How long do we put up with this stuff? Frankly, I don't have much faith in the masses to educate themselves- they don't give a flying fuck. How can we get to dealing effectively with this?
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote