Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,666 Times in 7,654 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Once I got passed my own need for linear thinking, orderliness, and logic I actually understood this. I think.

Based on the information and the way it was presented, I can see how one might think of this as a ruse, a trivializing of the trans experience, and/or an odd means to an end.

However, when taken as a whole, it demonstrates to me how the process to knowing, accepting, and living as ourselves is not always a well defined journey from here to there.

It starts with a supposedly hetero male and female getting married and then "discovering" they are both gay. We all know gayness doesnt pop up overnight. And accepting ones gayness is a process of discovery, experimentation, and fiddling to find what works for them.

As for Chris and Jackie. I have a hard time believing someone who identifies with their femaleness will just suddenly be willing to abandon this just to provide financial security for their partner through the privileges of marriage.

I have a hard time believing one could even get through the process of transitioning without there being some element of truth to it, and desire to do so.

Thus, it seems to me, the marriage thing was a method of transitioning while appearing selfless was really self serving.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: