View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #16
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

One more thing...

To anyone considering responding to my 'one couple' comment by saying, but what if it becomes ten couples, or 100, or 1000 - which in many countries, is still a possibility I guess - my answer would be this. Rather than expend energy on criticizing those who use the 'transition loophole' as a means to an end (i.e., marriage and the associated benefits), why don't we focus our energies on condemning the antiquated laws and beliefs that force such couples into seeking out these 'loopholes' in the first place? On saying to the world, see how ridiculous your laws are, how in the end, all that matters is love and no matter how hard you try to deny us, we will, in the end, overcome?

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post: