View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #77
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
EXACTLY. That was the entire point of my post. The kicker is that she takes testosterone. That has nothing to do with getting her gender marker changed.

All she needed was the top surgery and a note saying from her surgeon that this qualifies her as male in the state of CA

There are many a transman who feels guilt and loss around transitioning. They feel that they can no longer be feminists if they transition. Sometimes their lesbian community shuns them because they feel betrayed. The transperson become invisible (invisible to both the straight and gay communities...both losses, but in different ways), which can be painful.

Jacki, on the other hand, is in a great position. Better than she was before transition. She doesn't lose her lesbian community (because she is still a woman. I mean, it isn't her FAULT that she had to transition...she needed to marry her wife), but she gets hetero privilege. Pretty nice deal.

My original point though, was to say that there has to be some sort of gender incongruence for Jacki or she would have just had the top surgery, changed her gender marker, and gone on with her life. That isn't what she did. She transitioned.
Hey Dapper, I hit you up in rep, but I think this is germane to the larger conversation. *extra bold by me*

First up, I have only watched the video once and read this thread in its entirety.

I was unaware that she was on T. When I saw the video, my thought on seeing Jacki's muscularity and hearing her voice was to think "I bet she works out really hard and maybe does or did take steroids for bodybuilding". That is something I have seen before and it is less likely to lead to hair loss and beard growth.

If she is taking T, that is a game changer and I would have to agree that there is more to the gender issue for her than a financial advantage. I have to leave for a bit but will be interested to learn more about this later. I will look for the Huff article and if anyone can tell me where more content (with any credibility) can be found, I'd appreciate it.

Be back later...

Last edited by Kelt; 07-17-2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: punctuation attempt
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: