The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsunflower View Post
I had no idea what the Acadian Grand Derangement was until I googled it there, my goodness, what a history, so important to remember these things. Personally I would love our money to be covered in flowers, so pretty. :-)

About Charles and his ears ascending, it'll never happen, the throne will most likely be passed on to William. Which is kind of a shame 'cos Harry would make a much more interesting king. Or we could just ditch the lot of them. I have no idea what link there would be with the royal family if we go independent, there are a lot of royalists here. Hmm.

I was having a think about how none of this would be happening if we had a more liberal government in London. It really wouldn't and I hope everyone understands the difference. Am i voting for independence because the promises suit my political ideals? Because I want free childcare for every mum who wants to work, because I want that blimmin' nuclear base moved AWAY from the most populated area of Scotland (where I used to live), because I want a minimum wage that rises with inflation and keeps its value, because I loved it when the SNP gave everyone free prescriptions, because I love how different the Scottish National Health Service is from the English one? Do I have enough faith that Scotland could manage independently?

Am I being irresponsible??
No and that's part of independence. The ability for a government to look after it population, warts and all. I'm surprised that none of that can't be addressed even now. Is London preventing these things from happening?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: