View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #53
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Excellent thread.

I was a late-in-life baby. My Dad was 53 when I was born. He was 93 when he died in 2007 and is buried at Arlington.

He talked alot about WWII and all his friends. He actually started as a calvaryman. He shared many funny stories about trying to learn to ride and shoot at the same time. Including once shooting his horse in the ear because he (Dad not the horse) was out of sinc. "Ruined a good horse" he always said.

He later helped form the 1st Armored Division. He was on the European front, never in the Pacific. He rode into Italy (forget town) while Mussolini was still hanging. And was stranded in the desert with a broken down tank while Romell rolled by a hill away.

Thanks for this thread. Makes me even more proud about our families and how they contributed to our freedom.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: