Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ^5, Excellent thread MB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulButch View Post
Back Story

Getting to the point
Imagine (if you need to) that you’ve found your ideal partner(s) and there are no tedious barriers like financial situations to worry about, what would your optimum relationship format look like?

I’m thinking general here. Would you be monogamous? Would you be poly? Live together? Live in neighbouring properties with an inter-connecting door? Be focussed primarily on other things (e.g. work)? Backpack around the world together? Are you soulmates? Best friends? Have a commitment ceremony? Call her/them wife? Have children? Have pets? Start a charity together? Still be together twenty years on? Live in the moment? BDSM? Vanilla?
As far as ideal, for me, it would be how well we gel together. I don't have set expectations, I am fluid. Ideal is when two people mesh and are compatible, both giving and receiving, and respecting one another, and having their own identity!
I have an amazing partner, and we live comfortably, neither frugal nor extravagantly, just comfortably. We do try to take one "big" trip each year. Frequent flier miles , as well as hotel points, helps tremendously. Being "rich" isn't a priority for us. Being comfortable is. Fortunately, we both have more interest in the bank account of one another's heart than the actual bank account. We are both cognizant of keeping the romance flowing, devote quality time and spend quality time...together, and apart. We have no need to be joined 24/7. Each has their own friends as well as shared friends. Neither has any jealousy nor need for there to be any. We each maintain our own identities, our own accounts, etc. Time spent together is cherished.
As far as work, she still works, travels for hers. I am retired and her "stay at home" houseboi, she calls me.... I do household chores, laundry, cook equally, keep vehicles maintained, and am the "cabana boi" for our pool.

Definitely monogamous. It is very difficult to be emotionally vested in more than one person, for me.
I am not into poly nor is she.
We do live under one roof, after 6 months of dating and living apart.
We are saged at this point in our lives, so backpacking around the world isn't high on our bucket list! Travelling abroad is on our agenda, with a trip in planning stages of the British Isles, one to Ireland. We just went to St. Croix for a week last May. Hawaii is probably next venture, next spring!
I do believe in soulmates, and have met my second one ( I believe we can have more than one) romantically & platonically.
No ceremonies for us. Not sure if we will ever do one. We are both definitely committed to one another and very compatible and happy! We call each other "wife" and no piece of paper is necessary for us to do that. We made heart committments!
I don't have any children. She has two adult children. Neither wants any more.
We do have two furbabies, one canine, one feline! They are both as saged as we are. I would get another senior dachsie when I lost my current one.
We will be together as long as the Universe allows us to. Having lost my previous partner of 15 years, at age 48 5 years ago, I don't use "forever".
She is vanilla flavored while I can be that spiced with some kink, BDSM. Those two parameters have so many definitions, and is uniquely individualized for each person.
I live in the moment, as I said before, "forever" isn't in my beliefs. For me, I believe we travel different planes, when our job is done on one, we transcend to another to do the same there. This is strictly my own, me place and my own me beliefs!
Every day presents its own set of challenges to life, etc, so I just try to go with the flow, and meet each challenge head on. I am very fluid, on many levels.
Dang, now I am ....you made me think!
This is just my own opinion, doesn't include or apply to anyone else but me....I enjoy this thread MB...thanks....
[/SIZE]