How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,797 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

So, I happened across a new "whole food, paleo-inspired food blog", okay so maybe it's just new to me. Anyway, the point I am getting to is I really like the recipes she has included. I will be making this coconut shrimp bowl in the next couple of days; my mouth is watering with anticipation. Check out her food blog and recipes if you are into good food and drooling. Lol! Foraged Dish

One Pan Coconut Shrimp Bowls
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 small white onion, diced
1 pound peeled raw shrimp
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 small globe eggplant, cubed
1/2 cup chopped asparagus
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (I use this as a mild alternative to fish sauce)
1 tablespoon ground hot red chilies (more if you like your food HOT less if you prefer it mild).
2 teaspoons salt*

1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup bone broth
Cilantro for garnishing

1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the shrimp. Stir occasionally.
2. Once the onions are translucent and the garlic is beginning to turn golden, add the chopped vegetables: bell pepper, eggplant, and asparagus. Cover pan, and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally.
3. Once the eggplant is soft (10-15 minutes), douse the pan with the Worcestershire sauce, sprinkle in the salt and ground red chilies. Pour in the broth and the coconut milk, and stir until everything is coated in the coconut sauce.
4. Serve warm, topped with minced cilantro, and extra red chili flakes if you're a heat lover.

* I won't use near that amount of salt, but use your own preference there.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: