View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #1958
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,542 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Gym day today. I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to cut back on cardio and focus more on resistance. (I've known this for quite a while, but positive habits are hard to kill.) I've just plain worn things out and don't want to make that worse. I'm going to continue to use cardio for cardio-vascular fitness, but that can be accomplished in 3-5 20min sessions per week. I'm not getting ready for a race or anything and I'd rather save the wear and tear for hiking and other outdoor fun things. My prior overuse of cardio exercise was mostly so that I could have more latitude in diet. I just need to face the fact that I have to choose at this point in life.

Resistance exercise is going to give me more of what I need structurally and further my goals for recreational activity.

So today I did an intentional 20mins of cardio on an elliptical governed by heart rate and then spent some time exploring more of the machines and stations. I ended up working on squats, ad/abduction, bench presses, hanging leg raises and planks. Starting out light and testing what will give me the most bang for the buck while staying efficient with time use. It will be fun to put this together. I also spent some quality time with the 'hydro-massage' thingy.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: