Old 11-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #1965
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning, exercisers!

I did something I haven't done before today. I've privately fussed and fumed but today I publicly lost my shit.

Oh, yes I did.

Let me backtrack a bit.

I hopped on the treadmill and did half an hour.

T33, random program, level 7
Stats: 210 cal, 1.82 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec and 1 @ 60 sec. Both @ 5.1 mph.

Then I went into the circuit training room. It's a room that has an open entranceway, like someone forgot to put in the door, and pass throughs along the wall, like someone forgot to put windows in. I really like this room because it's the only one in the whole place that's not hot and, if people use it correctly, no one hogs the machines. It has great acoustics too.

When I got in there, 2 women were working different machines and one guy was off to the side. One of the women had a mat and after she worked a machine, she came back to the mat and did some calisthenics and stretching. Cool. The guy said hi as we were both at the garbage can, getting new paper towels to wipe the machines off that we'd just used.

The first woman leaves. Then the guy leaves, so it's just stretching woman and me. Two other women come in and they are chatting off to the side. No biggie. They weren't in anyone's way and they weren't too loud. Good for them.

Stretching woman leaves so it's just the 3 of us now. I'm working the last machine in the room and the two women keep talking and get louder and louder and louder and then I can hear everything about their library book and organ operation conversation and very little of the music playing.

I looked over a them a couple of times, giving them the universal 'shut up' eye but they were oblivious. I told myself that I was almost done and then I snapped. Like a Kit Kat.

I wasn't vulgar or anything along those lines but I'm sure they are going to tell people about the rude woman at the gym today. This is what I said, "Excuse me, ladies! (I had to yell as they were that loud) You do realize that you are not alone in here, right? I mean, I appreciate conversation but you are louder than the music (and the music's really loud in that room....good acoustics again)."

They looked absolutely flabbergasted and apologized and then were quiet like chastised children the remainder of my workout.

A few minutes later, I finished and went to work some of the machines right outside of the room and they kept their volume down when a couple of other people went in to the room.

I dunno. I get really, really tired and frustrated with people who don't see outside of their self and circle. Is a little common courtesy too much to ask for?

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 11-22-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: