View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #91
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

I know I'm "interfering" when I pay close attention to what sort of reaction I'm getting. Typically, people don't react negatively to non-intrusive behaviors in my experience.

Personally, I know I can be meddlesome at times when I care about someone - it isn't done out of malice, but rather a genuine concern for someone's best interest (because naturally, I, who can barely run my own life, knows precisely what someone else needs, lmao). But you know what I mean....

I'm sure I can't be the only one.

The most important part is that I mostly recognize my tendency to do this - which I did not always - and I do try to reign it in. A lot. And it has substantially improved my interpersonal relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Someone left me a PM that they enjoyed this thread and if I had time could I Get the little book of big questions back out.

Sooooo here we go.

Question
How do you know when you are interfering in someone's life?