View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:19 PM   #3
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,096 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

On Thursday night I saw "Naked I: Monologues from beyond the binary" by Tobias K. Davis. One of my friends was in it so I went and I thought it was awesome! It was funny, it was emotional, it was sad, it was touching. Not all of the actors were amazing, but some were--and almost all of it affected me in one way or another.

Here's a description of the play from the web site:
"Following in the footsteps of Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues comes The Naked I: Monologues from Beyond the Binary. Not willing to stop at discussing women’s vaginas, The Naked I explores the bodies and experiences of transgender, gender-queer, and intersex individuals. The play, which includes monologues, duologues, and short sketches, shares stories about men with vaginas and women with penises, women born without vaginas, and a multitude of other differently-gendered people exploring their bodies and dissecting society’s assumptions. Tender and heart wrenching, deeply funny and erotic, Davis takes the idea of a monologue-based play to a new level and boldly explains and explores the land beyond ‘male’ and ‘female’."

http://tobiaskdavis.com/

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: