View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #349
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
After a huge struggle, I finally got my numbers back down to 147 (recorded at midnight) ...this was several hours after dinner of a no-carb salad with a bunch of meat and eggs for protein and much more water than I'm accustomed to. Since today was a high pain day, I did as much exercise as possible between the cool morning hours of 6:30-7:30...pacing myself as I fed all the farm critters. Then unfortunately I was hurting so bad I had to go back to bed a while after breakfast of block cheese, water and meds....I gave my Cherrios to the baby goats. They enjoyed them as much as I do...but I guess from here on out, I can't have my favorite cereal or hot oatmeal because of how high the carbs are.

I spoke with my Aunt (a medical professional as well as long term diabetic, and she cared for my Gramma for 15 years through her struggle with very chronic, extreme diabetes)...told her about the Actos...she said it seems my body isn't reacting to it like it should and she
recommended I ask Doc to
switch me to Glipiside...this is another med I've never heard of.

It's been a hard two days...much thanks to those here that helped me cope.
Glipiside is a great medication; the brand name is Glucotrol! It is an older medication that i took for YEARS in the extended release form, and it worked really well. The problem with the Doctor's these days is they are focused on metformin and actos...along with a few other new "wonder drugs", and sometimes refuse to prescribe Glipiside.

I'm glad your number was lower at midnight, but what was it fasting the next morning? Our bodies do a "sugar dump" in the wee hours of the morning which can increase those numbers drastically. Also, i am sorry to say that the milk in cheese will sometimes raise blood sugar as well. Try to keep some hardboiled eggs around as a quick source of protein when you are not feeling well enough to cook.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote