Old 06-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #3860
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
My new goal is three times a week. I did exercise three times last week, and it took me two days to recover. I swam twice and went to the gym once (pool was closed). I found this machine that's kind of like a stationary bike but not. You just alternately bring your legs up and down, knees bent. Fortunately, my knee didn't not blow up the next day. I did 40 minutes, which is more than I imagined I could.

I have lost 36 lbs now, and I still can't walk. I've started Humira. I've got two months to make this happen -- be able to walk so I can work. It looks more and more like it will take more time than that. Or it might not happen at all, in which case I'll have my second knee replacement.

I know it's not your goal but 36 lbs is something to be proud of and a definite step in the right direction. Was the machine you were on a recumbent bike? Did it sit back more than a regular stationary cycle? I like those. They are definitely more gentle on the joints.

As for myself, I had a great workout today. I needed it. It had been a week since I've done anything to get my heart rate up. Granted, I've been busting my hump at work but the manual labor doesn't get my heart rate up so it doesn't do me much good other than burning calories.

Warm up: elliptical
Stats: 77 cal,.83 mi, 10 min

30 minutes of strength training...we hit on just about everything with rope pulldowns, kickbacks, curls, pull downs, planks, assisted squats, resistance band shuffles and chest presses to name a few. We cycled through them all about 3 times.

My trainer was surprised how fast I was moving today. He laughed and said that I really did want to get my heart beating today and I nodded because he said that when I was in a plank and I can't laugh or move too much or I'll keel over. Those suckers are not fun.

Cool down: elliptical
Stats: 105 cal, .93 mi, 15 min

My official cool down was after I sat in my trainer's office, bullshitting with him for 10-15 minutes, so I must have been super cool with all that resting going on.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: