Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #43
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Ender,

Quite simply:

I will believe what i want to believe. I will worship who i want to worship. I will stand proud in doing so.

We can quote scripture all day long back and forth, and let's not forget about dragging out the original writings and the Strong's Concordance, OH and then our personal life experiences, will still leave those on opposing sides shaking their heads and more than likely still on opposite sides.

I'm sorry that you don't "understand it". It is not my desire to make sure you do. I agree with some of your post, and have made that clear with previous posts in the religious threads, that SOME Christianity followers and SOME of those involved have done horrific things. I am not in a secular religion. I am a believer in God. I am not part of a conspiracy to undermine mankind, women, our LGBT community or anyone or anything. I am an ally and i'm trying to get my foot into what i can do as a gay femme to help everyone in my community when the opportunity presents itself. As it has here locally for me in this situation.

This has also been said before as well....there are many, horrific things that have been done by people claiming all sorts of religions and non religions, and it certainly continues today. Christianity is not the singular cause.

Pretty sure there is a thread about this. Yes, i'm positive actually. However, i see where Christianity was brought up here lightly and that is may be why you posted what you did.

At the end of the day....believe what you want. I sure will.

Thank you for your opinions. You certainly have a right to them. As i do mine.

Back to topic...

I found this today.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/do...ination-52751/

Gay advocacy groups are charging Dolly Parton's Dollywood theme park with discrimination after a lesbian wearing a ‘‘Marriage Is So Gay" t-shirt was told at the gate that she must turn the shirt inside-out before she could enter.
Related
DADT Repeal Unfounded, Defies Religious Freedom, ADF Says
Lesbian Couple Sues Vt. Inn Over Marriage Ceremony
Can Christians Escape the 'Hate' Label in Gay Marriage Debate?Related Topics
HomosexualityFree SpeechOlivier Odom decided to oblige to the request of the employee of the Knoxville park by hiding the slogan. She then entered with her spouse of one year, Jennifer Tipton.

Odom, under the advice of a group called Campaign for Southern Equality, has since written a letter to the park about the incident that occurred two weeks ago. The letter was published online in the “Censorship in America” blog and several gay advocacy media sites earlier this week.

“To ensure that your customers are not treated this way in the future, I would like to see Dollywood implement policies that are inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people; conduct staff sensitivity training; and issue a public statement indicating that the park is inclusive of all families,” Odom wrote.

A Dollywood spokesperson said the incident was a misunderstanding and a matter of a strict dress code policy, according to news reports.

"Thousands of times a day our front gate hosts are asked to enforce our dress code policy,” the spokesperson, Pete Owens, told The Advocate.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: