Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
I really don't understand why people insist on defending monotheist religion and claiming that the christian bible does not condone violence and discrimination; that the fundamentalists who use biblical verse to justify their hatred are reading mistranslations or interpreting it in order to back their own ideas. First of all, the bible is so full of blatant contradictions that you could pretty much justify anything with it. Second of all, those who claim that christianity is all about peace, love and not judging others are interpreting it to fit their own personal needs just as much as those who interpret it to justify their hatred.

I don't recall saying it is ALL about peace, love and not judging.

I'm not sure how you can prove that the christian god is portrayed as "forgiving and loving" in the bible.
If I wasn't sitting outside my class on my phone, I could quote just as many for peace and love as you have for vengeance and violence, so let's not go there shall we...
Some quotes with context:

Saying that fundamentalists ignore the sins that relate to them in favour of those they focus most open is pretty much what you do when you claim that they are doing so. Except you do the opposite, and focus on the biblical passages that you wish to emphasize, while downplaying the passages that describe a wrathful, unforgiving god who calls homosexuality an abomination formerly practiced by nations which have been wiped out by the wrath of god and servants of god.

I also did not say that there weren't verses that deal with the abominations of homosexuality. I said that they pick and choose what applies to them while ignoring the rest. I objectively view ALL of it, and in doing so use it to remind them to view all as well. The only time is even speak of religion is in something where a religious view is centered, as with the topic at hand. Rarely if ever do I use it in my daily life. As I said previously, I am not a religious person.

I would prefer that you not assume to know what my views are or how I use those views. Needless to say, you would be (and are) extremely mistaken.

And that is all the conversation I will have on religion.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post: