julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you Miss Tick for talking about the difference between intelligence and education. I am intelligent but do not have a graduate degree. Sometimes the parsing or discourse goes over my head.

As far as "doing the work" we could have a Doing The Work thread and people can post links to the work they have done and give their opinions on the sources. I was told a long time ago to do the work on racism and white privilege. I was told to look at Tim Wise's work. I read his books, subscribed to his FB page and heard him speak. Some of his stuff is very helpful for white people and some of it was not. I find Shakti Butler's work much more helpful as a white person.

We went to a conference recently and the panelists in one workshop talked a lot about "the work". One young woman stood up and asked "what is the work"? It was an excellent question and a lot of good discussion came out of that. There is only so much a thread can do, at least for me. Sometimes I feel like threads and the reading I do outside of it and the discussions I have in real time are my graduate school education. Might be lacking for sure but it is free!