Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am wondering if anyone else but I have gone grocery store dumpster diving. I did it before it was fashionable and it was a source of shame for me for many years.
When I was pregnant w my daughter I was forbidden by my husband to apply for welfare or food stamps. He worked at Taco Bell part time and I could not work because the pregnancy was a very stressful one. I would go to grocery stores and dig thru their dumpsters. I got veggies and some meats, some expired boxed goods, canned goods, etc. I would clean them and cut off all the wilted or bad parts and make soups and stews out of them to feed my pregnant body.

Now everyone seems to want to do it or think its great. I kinda laughed when i saw the first documentary about it. No more shame! LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: