View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Let me just say that what I wear to school is not up for debate by the general public.

Anybody can think anything they want. I don't give a damn. Seriously, if that's what people care about, they have too much time on their hands.

I wear what any other person who goes to work every day wears. I do not wear pajamas. I am not naked. Beyond that, it is none of anyone's business.

If a school district wants to set a dress code, it is my belief that that is insulting. I am sure that most universities and law firms do not set dress codes for their staff. People wear what is appropriate. For teachers, casual work drag is more or less what we all wear. Meaning khakis and polos for guys and skirts or slacks and some kind of top for women. Few of us wear athletic wear. Few wear the things mentioned in the article quoted on the other site.

In the real world, if a person wears inappropriate clothing, their supervisor takes them aside and says, "Ahem." That's all that is necessary for teachers. A dress code is insulting, and I would hope that my union would do something about it if my district ever tried to institute one.

What the general public thinks. . . . I do not care.

Why do people think they have more of a right to criticize me and my choices than they do anyone else? Because I teach children? Well lots of people work with children.

Have whatever opinion you want. I do not care. I have a union.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: