Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I live in a different world over here in China where dress code is part of life. However, as a foreign worker I am able to wear pants and a t-shirt other than occasions which are deemed 'best-dressed' which has been dictated as being 'a nice pant suit or dress'. We are told not to wear capris, strappy tops, or flip flops. This is cultural to the country where I am employed. When I worked in Thailand I had to wear specific 'uniforms' each day of the week AND my skirt had to measure a minimum of one inch below my knees. Again, this was a cultural expectation for teachers.

In general, my common sense dictates that when I'm working with early learners that use glue and markers I should wear clothing that covers me up so my body stays clean! lolol Also, I don't like the girls falling out when I lean over a low table to assist a student so I'm sure to wear a shirt that is 'modest'.

BTW, in the several countries I have worked in within Asia, teachers are very well-respected thus the teachers here dress very conservatively! In fact, tomorrow, September 10th is Teacher's Day here in China. Children will bring things (cards, gifts, flowers) for their teachers. This Saturday, our school is planning an excursion for any teacher (and their family) to attend. Respect towards teachers is a big thing here in China!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post: