How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

pretty much everywhere i've worked has required a relaxed business casual dress code - the biggest infractions everywhere i've worked (and everywhere i've been, including school) tend to be leggings with short tops, club wear, flip flops, spaghetti straps, bras showing, bro shorts, etc.

i don't understand personally what's wrong with requiring a relaxed dress code. even the universities i worked at had dress codes (at least for staff).

i don't know what the dress code was for teachers at the schools i attended, but i don't understand why the teacher's dress could shouldn't be at least as strict as the student's dress code - i mean, schools require dress codes pretty much universally for students. the only place i attended school where teachers were allowed to dress more relaxed than students was a catholic school where all students wore uniforms and teachers could wear normal clothes.

i personally don't care what teachers - or anyone else - wears as long as it's not super revealing, tight, or offensive. it does bother me when people violate the no-leggings-with-short-tops policy where i work, which is hands down the most common violation i've seen (not sure if it's as common in schools as it is in corporate environments). i personally don't think people should wear short skirts and dresses to work, either, just cause it's not the place. (am also not the biggest fan of shorts in general because they come off as completely casual, like beach, wear to me.) other than that i'm not super fussed about dress code violations, and even with those i wouldn't say anything to the person, it's just not my taste. i don't care if teachers show tattoos, gauge ears, or wear logos or whatever as long as they're not offensive.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: