How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
If a school district wants to set a dress code, it is my belief that that is insulting. I am sure that most universities and law firms do not set dress codes for their staff. People wear what is appropriate.
yes they do set dress codes. (and yes, supervisors take them aside, but the only reason they have grounds to do so is because of the dress code.) seriously, i've never worked anywhere - including two universities - that didn't have a dress code policy. for me the only places i've ever worked were for non-profits, corporations or office settings, and universities, so maybe it's just more common there to have dress codes than in schools...but as a student, we were always held to a dress code in schools, so even in schools it's odd to me that teachers get to be the exception. also, at least in corporate settings, workers violate dress code alllllll the time (i'm talking ridiculously high heels, jeggings, sheer tops, etc.). i'd be curious what the incidence of teachers wearing club wear, beach wear, etc. to school was in an area with no dress code cause it happens fairly often in office settings.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: