Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sharing about my personal journey over the past two years

Lots has changed for me over the past two years, since implementing many vital changes with food choices, meds, and exercise routines.

I have lost so much weight, since last time I shared. I actually had a syncope incident, where I fell down on the pavement, due to my blood pressure being too low, two days ago. The ER physician pinned my syncope attack on the blood pressure medication, which should be lower in strength than it is. I see my Cardiology doc today, so she can adjust my dose to a lower strength and make sure my pacemaker is working like it should. The ER doc thinks that my weight loss over the past two years puts me in a different medication strength category, so I won't be facing another syncope event which endangers my body and such.

Anyway, I am proud of my weight loss (I've lost about 75 lbs., overall weight loss is nearer to 100+ lbs.). I'm several sizes smaller and I feel more energy not being so over-weight; plus, my mobility issues are improving (somewhat). I still have hip and knee (on my right side) issues, but hopefully these matters will improve over time.

Lately, when I prepare meals for myself or my fiancé Rico, I keep it super simple. I use only fresh organic-grown vegetables; I stay away from dairy products (as much as I/We can); and we do not indulge too often in bread or pasta.

One thing I have learned is to take each day with a renewed perspective and to make choices which will enhance my overall health. For example, I might could have not endured a syncope event had my cardiology clinic known that my weight is not the same as it was when they first assumed my cardiology care. Now, after knowing that my weight loss is directly associated with Rx strength, I am sure when I see my heart doc that she will either take me off the blood pressure med or reduce the strength and elect to see me more frequently until they get a better base line to make decisions.

As always, please know that I appreciate where I once was and where I now stand, concerning my weight loss. And thanks for sharing the journey with me as I continue each day, relearning important food choices and how it all connects to my overall health.

Sending my heart felt best wishes to all,
~K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: