EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
[May 13] Cher’s son, Chaz Bono, formerly known as Chastity Sun Bono, underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a man. In a controversial decision, both personally with his mother, and in the LGBT community, Chaz courageously lived through the entire ordeal with his mother, singer Cher and girlfriend Jennifer Elia at his side. In an interview with talk show host Oprah Winfrey on her show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, he discusses his thoughts on arriving at the decision to transition from a woman to a man, the status of his ongoing dating relationship with girlfriend Jennifer Elia, and how he feels he would like to talk to Brangelina’s daughter Shiloh who has been nicknamed a tomboy by the media for her choice to wear boy’s fashions.

In terms of the relationship he now shares with longtime girlfriend Jennifer Elia, Chaz commented he feels they have gone through a rough transition, but they are now at a more comfortable place. His relationship with mother Cher has also improved. Initially Cher, while never outwardly negative in regards to Chaz’s process, was somewhat standoffish about the whole ordeal. Now, however, they seem to have come to an amicable moment in the ongoing development of their adult child – parent relationship.

Parents are often faced with difficultly decisions. In raising a child, concerns over sexuality and gender are tough issues to cope with alone. Chaz’s offer may open the door for Shiloh or other children to discuss their thoughts with parents. Identity development is a crucial part of childhood development, even more so as a teenager. Having access to social support and community sources can alleviate the burden of dealing with them alone, either as parents or the children living with the concerns.

What do you think of Chaz’s offer? How would you react if your child claimed they wanted to change their sex?
http://www.examiner.com/lgbt-relatio...elebrity-child

On the one hand, we don't know how Shiloh feels/thinks. On the other hand, the information and resources should be out there for parents, so having someone like Chaz voicing what those resources are is good, I think. If I had a third hand (), I would say that I feel sorry for the children of celebrities...Shiloh shouldn't have to live in the limelight like that with the whole world wondering what Shiloh "is." It's just stupid.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: